Before you ask the question, How to get a job in the oil field? you first must ask yourself if you are ready physically and emotionally. Do you have a wife, girlfriend, family that you can stand to be away from for more than two weeks or a month at a time?
- If you have goals and you know all about hard work and have a good work ethic – you may have a chance.
- If you can work over 100-120hrs a week – you may have a chance.
- If you can go a week without using your kids as an excuse and start talking about how they miss you, so you have to quit. – you may have a chance.
- If you are proactive, take the initiative, and don’t wait for someone to ask for help before you actually help, – you may have a chance.
- If you don’t get your feelings hurt during your time as a green hat, picklehead or greenhorn. – you may have a chance.
If you’ve never been told you are a hard worker… I would reconsider. for the sake of the other oilfield workers that would have to carry your workload, after you start slacking off.
if you’re still interested in an oilfield job https://www.fracnews.com/jobs/