Patterson: Universal Pressure Pumping
Fracking Crew Equipment Operator
Equipment Operator 2 Job Description
Equipment Operator 2 is responsible for working as one of the crewmembers assigned to the field in either cementing, acidizing, fracturing, or other, as required. The candidate must demonstrate safe work habits, be able to follow directions and work well as part of a team. Major responsibilities include driving company vehicles and trucks, general maintenance and repair of pumping equipment and attachments and assisting in pumping activities. This position will work under the direction of the Service Supervisor or other supervisor as applicable.
- Comply with all Company and customer Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E)policies,rules, practices and guidelines
- Ensure equipment is maintained at a high level of efficiency and readiness
- Conduct proper Job Safety Analysis (JSA) in compliance with Company regulations
- Perform rigging up and rigging down duties, as well as operate and maintain equipment that may include but is not limited to: bulk sand trailers, cement bulk body load units, field bins and semi-trailers
- Safely perform other duties that may include fueling trucks between stages, acting as a ‘fire watch’ for refueling, serve as gate guard for incoming traffic to customer locations and assisting with the clean-up of the location before, during, and after the job
- Maintain proper DOT logging, to include: accurate and current driver’s log reporting; driver’s logs turned in daily; accurate mileage and fuel reporting; and complying with all hours of service regulations
- Perform pre-trip inspections and post-trip inspections, such as: proper fluid level checks and service as needed; proper brake inspections and slack adjustments as needed; proper tire inspections; proper working condition of lights; complete documentation and reporting of any defective equipment; inspecting, reporting and maintaining proper documentation of equipment; daily signing off on post trip report, etc.
- Fill out and maintain shipping documents for hazmat transportation, including proper use of placards and labels and securing loads
- Operate and maintain both manual and automatic transmission Company vehicles and trucks
- The employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, while wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Able to drive commercial trucks and other vehicles with a manual transmission
- Able to successfully meet pre-employment testing requirements, including pulmonary function tests; meet the minimum physical requirements (Essential Functions Test); wear prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including a respirator; and a pre-employment background check
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with others, and work independently when required
- Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels bothin the office and in the field
- Perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary
- Willing and able to operate and maintain assigned equipment in a safe mannerwhile working in allweather conditions during a possible 12+hour work shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays
- Must be able to lift and move items weighingup to80 pounds
- Ability to travel as needed to other offices and drilling rig work sites, occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
- Must be able to work closely with others and under time-sensitive deadlines including potential emergency response situations
- This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling, walkingon uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
- Demonstrated ability to complete all the assigned duties of an Equipment Operator 1
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 6+months experience as anEquipment Operator 1andsuccessfullymeeting all requirementsof the EO1position for internal applicants
- 1+ years of experience as an Equipment Operator in fracturing for external applicants
- Have and maintain a valid Class A CDL with manual shift experience,beeligibletodriveaCompanyvehicleandmeettherequirementsoftheCompany’s vehicleprogram, policy and/or guidelines.
- At least 21 years of age
- Experience in repair and maintenance of heavy equipment
- Tanker and Hazmat endorsements
- Prior military service
Employees must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights.
This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights.The employee must be capable of using respirators and other personal protective equipment as well as work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit fa-elpm-saasfaprod1.fa.ocs.oraclecloud.com.